11.1.08

Embrosia











Embrosia

Give it to me
You say
Lying on the cold floor
Asking for more
Of the same
Now hollow
My skeleton dances
You penetrate through the bones
The belly cage heaves
No breasts
No cheeks
No lips
The neck you longed to lick
Is a fragile stick
Stones fall from eyes
Remnants of the grave
My incisor smile
Splotched with red

Hair still cascades in waves
There are bits of you inside my nails
Your mouth aches
To take
As flesh hardens
Like death

You drag me by my tresses
And chew on my fingers
We linger
The floor is wet
The ceiling tears
Rain falls from midnight sky
Your cloud bursts
Inside me
Drowning
Life

~FV

3 comments:

Pune S said...

FV:

Melancholy is a humour that was once believed to be secreted by the kidneys or spleen. This was very sombre and dignified.

circle said...

FV
Yes, at the end , nothing is there but dancing skeletons.....

FV said...

PS:

I wonder if you noticed the 'blood' I added to the skeletons in the picture...

Circle:

Some don't dance; they just step on toes even after they are gone.