19.2.08

Within without

I had made this collage a while ago and called it 'Within and Without'...a lot of mystical stuff in there. I like it.

One day there were rains and heavy winds. I like it

The winds swept through the windows and started hitting at my collage...it was on stiff cardboard and rarely moved from its rather stoical position. But as I sat there writing, it was striking at the wall, beating itself in agony. I did not get up to straighten it, hold it, soothe it into place, fix it to the wall at the bottom end.

I did nothing...just watched it, sometimes dancing like a dervish in madness, sometimes looking like it wanted to fall and die. After all, it existed as bits and pieces of my imagination, forced into a whole.

I did nothing. I looked into the mirror. Another collage. Winds lashed against my face. Madness. Agony. Bits and pieces. Within. Without.

“Zakhm kucchh aise miley
Phoolon pe soya na gaya...”

2 comments:

  1. differnt days... different offerings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chalo...koi tau iss par ghaur farmayaa...I was beginning to wonder whether Pakistan was a good idea!

    "differnt days... different offerings..."

    Sounds like a Siddhi Vinayak temple appeal...

    ReplyDelete